Yes! And… Collaborative Arts
Resource Development Committee meeting
In attendance: Pat Fiorella, Linda Floyd, Deborah Crocker, Julie Kring
-Concessions: No popcorn this year. Candy for at least $2, pretzels, water
-Tickets: Half-priced tickets on Thursday through Philly Fun Guide, Michael will send an email to everyone sharing this 1/2 price info
Ticket sales are important to our bottom line for making the WSOT a break even proposition. We need to continue hanging posters, inviting friends, forwarding emails. More posters were available for members.
-Reception: Bourbon Blue for free except for gratituity.
-Challenge: $5,000 match, we need people in the room! WSOT
Every family and every board member is asked to invite one new friend and potential donor to our Saturday reception where we will try and match a $5000 donation. Last year we had great success and hope to replicate that. Paper invitations were available for members.
Grants and Applications
Pre meeting we talked a lot about the grants that YA is researching and Deborah offered insight into grants we may want to pursue.
Discussed were the following:
Phila. Culture Fund
Ludwig- which we were turned down for
Dolfinger Mc Mann-
PNC Arts Alive- possibly for Shadow
Lincoln Financial- like diversity so our program might be right for them
Knight Foundation-possibly Shadow
Phila. Cultural Alliance
Michael is working on the following:
-Applications Pending – MJB reported on what applications are in. Deborah said that we should bring the board lists of grants we are going after to our board to see if there’s overlap/people who may know someone.
Nelson Foundation-said no but we can ask again
Spruce Foundation-we requested $5000
Charter Foundation-they gave us an invitation to ask
King Foundation- they give general operating support
Saturday Club-Michael asked for too much last year but will ask again
Bread and Roses- March 1 deadline
Regatta Insurance Company Grant- happens infrequently from RCM&D in Baltimore but we are connected through Bill Skene and so we will pursue Grants and Income
-EITC prospects – Any corporation doing business in PA can give to a non-profit. Deborah will look into it for us to see if we are eligible.
Pat will do a little research on this funding opportunity and we can decide if it is worth the time it may take to set it up. Michael suggested that one of his interns may be able to help with that.
Calendar update Calendar for 2017
-mailings, office help, Quickbooks volunteer
The calendar is going to be adjusted slightly to reflect some recommendations by Deborah. The mailing which we are going to refer to as the annual appeal will go out in April instead of May. This will highlight camperships and the upcoming summer also WSOT success. August will see an email newsletter with info about the successful summer program. September will be a second paper mailing and annual appeal type ask with highlights of the summer and the impact of our work.
October will be all about the auction with an email invitation. The auction will be moved from December to November. December will be a final email to end the Annual Giving push for the year.
We discussed different letters for different groups. Also discussed the ability to personalize all the paper mail with past gifts and perhaps a % increase suggestion. Also discussed a different letter for people who may have dropped off giving, like people who have not given in a couple years. The September letter may just be sent to folks who didn’t give in April. Lots of talk of targeting our mailing list a bit better to strike the right note with each donor.
Board challenge- Something to look at for the “annual appeal “ letter if there is a consensus on the board and the money there.
Pat brought up the fact that Michael could use some help with the tasks like thank you letters, etc. At a future meeting we will discuss how thank you and acknowledgement messages should and will go out and what is the time frame. We plan on stuffing and signing with personal notes the Annual Appeal letters at our April meeting. Michael also needs some help inputting data into Quickbooks so we will look for a volunteer.
2016 Budget Finances
The loss was discussed and some budget numbers were reviewed now that everything is in. Deborah suggested that we simplify the way we track programs, funding and expenses to have a clearer read on the bottom line. We will discuss that further.
Actual numbers for January and February were not complete and will be presented at the board meeting.
Next meeting is scheduled for Thursday April 20th.